- 5 chicken breasts
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped dill
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked and lightly caramelized onions
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- lemon juice from one whole lemon
- parmesan, asiago, and pecorino romano cheese grated (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Dry the chicken breasts and cut them in small palm-sized pieces that are less than an inch thick.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix the chicken and all the other ingredients above.
4) Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and bake for about 20-30 minutes (until lightly golden and the chicken is cooked and firm).
5) Optional: Top the dish with grated parmesan, asiago and pecorino romano (cheese will melt).
7) There is a lot of sauce left, so pour it over mashed cauliflower, spaghetti squash, rice, or salad or sauté with pasta (we like kelp noodles).