Cevapcici is a sausage like meat that originated in the Balkans. It can be made from a variety of meats including beef, lamb, veal, and pork.
- 2lb ground organic grass fed beef or 1lb of organic grass fed beef and and 1 lb of lamb
- 1 medium onion or shallot finely minced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 eggs depending on taste (the more eggs, the firmer the cevapcici)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 mixing bowls
- In a bowl, mix the 2 lbs of ground meat and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Then add the beaten eggs to the mixture and mix.
- With your hands, form the meat into small flattened ovals ( about ¾ inch thick and about 2 inches long).
- Place on a hot barbeque, grill for 8-15 minutes( about five minutes on each side).