This shredded chicken salad is one of our favorite foods and is good enough to be a meal by itself. It is savory, juicy, tangy, and sweet all at once and satisfies any cravings. We like to serve it in lettuce cups.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts cooked ( steamed, boiled, cooked in foil)
- 1/3 of red onion minced
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 roasted red peppers chopped
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 tablespoon minced fresh dill (can use more or less depending on personal preference)
- 4 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (can use more or less depending on personal preference)
- 4 tsp capers
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- optional: 1 flat teaspoon of raw honey
1) With a fork, shred the cooked chicken and add to a mixing bowl.
2) Blend the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and sea salt ( and, if you want, raw honey). Add the dressing to the shredded chicken and mix.
3) Then, mix in the red onion, capers, herbs, roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
4) Mix well and pour into serving bowl. Garnish with more parsley and enjoy.