This sorbet is super easy to make and cools you down on a steamy summer day. Unlike any sugar-loaded frozen dessert, this antioxidant-rich sorbet leaves you feeling light, happy and energized. Caroline enjoys this superfood sorbet bowl for breakfast and says “its like having yogurt, honey and walnuts or berries and cream for breakfast.” She tops it with several superfoods and in just one meal, she has enough protein to fuel her till lunch. Caroline loves her superfood toppings and her are some of her topping ideas:
more raw honey
matcha green tea powder
green coffee powder
As you can see, the list is endless. We buy these superfoods online from both www.nuts.com and Navitas Naturals.
- 16oz bag of frozen mixed berries
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (we like Native Forest)
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
1) In a blender (vitamix), pour in the milk and then the frozen berries, honey and basil leaves.
2) Blend on high speed and stop when reach an even and thick mixture.
3) Consume promptly after blending.
3) Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm. If you freeze to store it, it becomes rock solid. So, make sure to move it to the refrigerator and let it thaw in the fridge for about 3 hours before serving.
3) Pour into ice cream maker and follow the directions.
4) We like to top this sorbet with matcha green tea powder, shredded coconut, cacao nibs and acai powder.