These banana cookies are vegan, naturally sweetened and perfect for breakfast or dessert. With undertones of vanilla and almond flavor, these dense and buttery cookies will melt and crumble in your mouth. Caroline and I enjoy eating these with almond milk or dipping them in melted dark chocolate. These cookies really taste the best once they are refrigerated and chilled. They become chewier and sweeter and remind Caroline and me of a mixture between fudge and cookies. This recipe makes about 9 cookies.
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (can use any flour- bob’s red mill (coarser) or Honeyville)
- tsp cinnamon
- tsp vanilla extract
- tsp almond extract (optional)
- tsp raw honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
1) Preheat you oven to 350 degrees F and line a pan with parchment paper.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients above and mix well.
3) Form the dough into balls and place on pan.
4) Cook until lightly golden and a little firmer (15-25 minutes).
5) Let the cookies cool for about 30 minutes(they harden).
6) Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and then, enjoy (we strongly suggest chilling them)