Though chickpealess, this Zucchini Tahini Hummus is just as good. Serve with a crudités platter of celery, carrots, cucumber, and fennel. Also, try topping this dip over roasted chicken, pan seared red meat or lettuce. We enjoy pouring this dip and extra virgin olive oil over freshly cut heirloom tomatoes.
Ingredients for Dip:
- 3 medium green zucchini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 medium lemon
“Have to Use” Toppings
- cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame seeds
- fresh dill
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2)Cut the zucchinis lengthwise into halves or thirds.
3) Peel 2-4 cloves of garlic and put them on a pan with the zucchinis, salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
4) Roast for 30 minutes or until zucchinis are golden and soft.
5) Turn off the oven and let the zucchinis cool.
6) After they are cool enough to handle, pour everything on the pan (the zucchinis, garlic and oil) into a blender or vitamix.
7) Blend with 1/4 cup of tahini and the lemon juice from 1/2 medium lemon.
8) Blend to you liking ( more smooth or more textured and chunky).
9) Pour the hummus in a nice serving bowl.
10) We really like to emphasize this and believe that you “must” top this dip with cumin, paprika, fresh dill, sesame seeds and extra virgin olive oil.