We love ginger and like to use it all the time, especially since it is so healthy. We had a lot of ginger in the fridge and wanted to make some easy granola bars before tennis. And voila.. we created these. These bars are great for any ginger lover. But, if you don’t like ginger just take out the ginger and the bars taste just as great. These bars taste like a traditional oat granola bar, but they are way more exotic, energizing and healthy. They are filled with fiber and will make you feel happy inside and out. For those of you who have not realized, this bar calls for the same ingredients as my Honey Ginger Granola. Though the ingredients are the same (procedure is different), the two taste surprisingly different. Our parents couldn’t believe that they were made out of the same ingredients.
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 4 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1) Coarsely grind the hemp and sunflower seeds.
2) In a bowl, mix the honey, vanilla, coconut butter and coconut oil.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the two mixtures and all the other ingredients.
4) Mix well. The consistency should be thick and sticky.
5) Line a pan with parchment paper.
6) Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper lined pan and evenly flatten out (should be as thick as a normal bar).
7) Refrigerate for about 45 minutes and then cut into bar like pieces.