This skirt steak recipe is great for outdoor barbecues and parties and we assure you that everyone will like the steak. We think marinating the steak for two days is ideal. Many times, one day is not enough for all the flavors to be absorbed and settle; we find that the flavor is weaker. However, after three days, the steak becomes too vinegary for our liking.
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of miscellaneous herbs minced (rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, sage, cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey (optional)
1) Cut you skirt steak into smaller square-shaped pieces ( the size should be like the size of a palm). If the meat is to thick, also cut it length wise.
2) In a bowl, combine all the other ingredients and mix well.
3) Add the chopped meat to the bowl and with you hands mix well so that all the meat has been covered and has absorbed some sauce.
4) Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
5) Then, grill on the barbecue.