These raw macaroons are made with a minimal amount of ingredients and are definitely easy to make. They should take about 5 minutes to prepare. They are buttery, a little floury and have a maple undertone. They are easy to digest and filled with healthy fats and vitamins that are otherwise killed during cooking. If you don’t feel like forming them into balls, you can make them into macaroon bars that are just as tasty and even easier to make.
These macaroons are so addicting and only last a few hours in our house. Our mom loves coconut, our dad loves chocolate and we love any macaroons so this recipe really satisfies everyone in our house.
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 8 tablespoons coconut butter
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips or a mixture of both (optional)
1) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2) Line a pan with parchment paper.
3) Form the dough into balls and place on the paper line pan.
3) Spread the macaroon dough on the paper line plan (thickness should be similar to thickness of granola bar).
4) Refrigerate until the dough and macaroons are firm and hold together well (I like to do for at least an hour). Then, cut the bars into squares or rectangles.